Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thing #18 Take a look at some online productivity tools

Things I found out about ZohoWriter:

I found out that it appears very simple to use, and if you are encountering problems there is a FAQ tab right there at the top. It has most of the features of Microsoft, plus some really quick ways of doing extra things, like publish the document as a web page, or post any selected content from any web page to your account in Zoho Writer.

Again, I can see that the key words when thinking about the advantages of Zoho are "shared" and "collaboration." I was intrigued by the feature that lets you collaboratively create a document and then send it round for digital signatures.

Another advantage is the portability. It really opens up possibilities for people who don't have their own computer or expensive software, like many public library computer users.

Along those lines of public library use - I liked the templates, which included sample resumes. Could perhaps use a few more to choose from.

I shared this document by e-mailing it to myself. I used the option that allowed me to both read and edit it when I got it.

Then I published this document to my blog.

No comments: