Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Making my blog look more interesting

When I started this blog, it was just very plain, because I viewed it as a place to simply record my progress and do my assignments. I did, however spend some time on deciding which template to use. I wish there were more to choose from, but in the end chose one that I thought looked bookish.

I now have got a bit ahead of myself with the Things, so have given myself some time to explore and edit the blog template a bit. I like this template because the editor is quick and easy to use. It seems to me that on my other blog I have to go into the html to change things, add links, etc.

Is anyone out there who can tell me (1) if you can go online and import templates to Blogger, and (2) if there is any way to easily edit the standard blog template without going into the html.
I liked the way in my 2.0 blog I could just add links by pasting them into an editing box. In my other blog I have to find the place in the html that deals with the sidebars and then edit the code. My inaccurate typing and poor eyesight make that such a chore!

2 comments:

AVZone said...

You can edit the fonts and colors of the blog. You need to go to Layout and choose the 'fonts and colors' tab. I used this on my blog, and changed the different things. Not sure how much you wanted to make it look more interesting.

IrmBrown said...

Hi,
You can get other templates... if you search them in google. etc. but usually, you have to pay for them. They're not much, but that's what you would do. The blog looks great, by the way. I appreciate the time and energy that you're obviously putting here.