Monday, June 11, 2007

Week 2 Thing #4 Register your blog and track your progress

The moral for this week is stay with the program! I registered my blog last week from the participants' page link and did not have a blog address to put in because I had not done the tutorial. Thus my blog did not get put up on the wall and I had to backtrack and then e-mail my address to Maurice. Must learn to have patience and trust. Am slowly learning to have confidence in my ability to do the training in the allotted time.

I have not yet done my learning contract. Here it is:

Goal: to become generally familiar with the 23 things. To use this training experience and knowledge as a springboard to embracing future technologies as they come along.

Obstacles: Fear, lack of time, unfamiliarity with vocabulary, preferred personal lifestyle, need for perfection, reluctance to play when it is important stuff, fear of being labelled as past it.

Toolbox: I am going to need IPod, or MP3player or both, for work I need a personal planner of some sort. For my work PC I need a pair of headphones - I am using my own. I may need more software on my work PC. I need a binder for the paper memos I am keeping!

Resources: Liaisons: Maurice and Irmgarde and Annette. Note to self: ask one of the liaisons if they can post their names and e-mails somewhere a bit more prominent on the participants' page, or ask them where to find the list - I am probably missing it. More may be revealed at the Tech Fair on 13th.

Path to Goal: 15-30 mins a week until October.

Check-in frequency: Weekly updates of log. Weekly scan of other blogs and Tips link. Continue to keep aware afterwards.

Signed: Elizabeth

No comments: